The Aquarium of the World
It has been said CostaBaja™ is a place where you can hear yourself breathe because mind your has finally stopped talking. There is no better way to experience the sensation than by cruising the calm turquoise waters of The Sea of Cortez. Home to the three leading Marine Biology Institutes in Latin America, The Sea of Cortez is one of the most biodiverse bodies of water in the world. All of the islands in The Sea of Cortez are under UNESCO protection as World Heritage Bio-Reserves and Espiritu Santo Island, which borders the southeastern portion of the Bay of La Paz, are considered the crown jewels of the islands.
Sampling of Excursions
- DIVING La Paz is considered one of the premier destinations for diving and snorkeling in the world, thanks to its many reefs and biodiversity in the Sea of Cortez.
- CAMPING Whether you are looking for a nice secluded beach where you sleep off to the sound of the waves or a nice quite desert to explore, La Paz has it all.
- ECOTOURISM La Paz offers every activity you can possibly imagine. Whether you are an adventurer or a casual observer, the natural settings, rich history and the Sea of Cortez provide you with an infinite amount of fun, adventure and relaxation.
- FISHING La Paz offers a magnificent setting for sport fishing. Black and blue marlin, Dorado, Wahoo and tuna are some of the most coveted species you can find.
- WHALEWATCHING La Paz offers a magnificent setting for sport fishing. Black and blue marlin, Dorado, Wahoo and tuna are some of the most coveted species you can find.
- KAYAKING Glide through the turquoise water of the Sea of Cortez in a kayak. Have a picnic in a secluded beach and discover the wonders of the underwater world. Lose yourself in the immensity of the sea and paddle through a laid back lifestyle.
- Isla Espiritu Santo
- El Triunfo
- Todos Santos
- Magdalena Bay
- Cactus Sanctuary
- Cave Paintings
- Los Cabos